Lantor Soric® LRC
Lantor Soric® LRC is a flexible, thin-walled honeycomb core material used to add structure and thickness to composite laminates. The compression resistant hexagonal cell structure and resin flow channels make Lantor Soric® LRC ideal as a core material and infusion medium in one.
The larger cell structure of the LRC grade lends itself suitable for resin infusion as the resin uptake is kept to a minimum, without any loss of flexibility. It absorbs approximately 20% less resin compared to the Lantor Soric® XF resulting in a lighter finished product.
Unlike standard cell honeycomb, Lantor Soric® is very flexible and will conform to compound shapes. The pressure resistant cells create thickness in the laminate when pressure is applied without the weight of extra fabric layers. The resin flow channels form a pattern of cured resin that offers good mechanical properties and excellent bonding characteristics. It is ideally suited for reinforcing curved laminations where additional stiffness is needed.
- Marine: hulls, decks and structures of boats and yachts
- Transportation: parts and panels of cars, trailers, trucks and RV’s
- Mass Transit: interior and exterior of trains, light rail and buses
- Leisure: kayaks, surfboards, pools and tubs
- Industrial: cladding panels, fans, containers and tanks
- Wind Energy: nacelle covers and spinners
- Infrastructure: bridge panels
Please note: All data to be used as a guide only; not a specification. Technical information displayed reflects the typical mechanical properties of impregnated material with unsaturated polyester resin.
- Epoxy Resin
- Polyester Resin
- Vinylester Resin
- Phenolic Resin
Tips on how to use this product in certain applications are coming soon.
If you would like to learn more about this product, give us a call at (800) 811-2009.