3M Spray Adhesive 71
3M™ Hi-Tack Composite Spray Adhesive 71 is a high tack spray adhesive ideal for use in a wide variety of composite production applications, including dry layup and resin infusion processes.
The adhesive spray delivers a consistent fine mist spray with a high adhesive solids content for exceptional coverage. The high tack formula allows faster layup bonding of layered composite assemblies.
3M™ Spray Adhesive 71 is specifically designed to optimize the ultimate strength of resin-infused composite parts. The formula has been optimized to have little or no intrusion in the infusion process to reduce the risk of delamination.
Available in clear, or in green for better visual control.
- Does not Impede Resin Flow
- Optimizes Ultimate Strength of Composite Part
- Fast Tack, High Strength, Excellent Shear Holding Power
- Consistent Fine Mist Spray
- Bonds Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber, Peel Plies, Infusion Mesh and more
- Layup and Infusion Process
- Closed Mold Infusion (RTM)
- Composite Manufacturing
- Bonding of Layered Composites
Please note: All data to be used as a guide only; not a specification.(1)SAFT Shear Adhesion Failure Test with birch plywood, 1 inch overlap, 100 grams used, temperature start at 90°F and ramped 10°F every 10 minute until complete failure.Consult SDS Data Sheet prior to use.
- Polyester Resins
- Vinyl-ester Resins
- Epoxy Resins
Hold can perpendicular 6” to 8” from the surface being sprayed. Typical woven composite fabrics only need 1 dry gram / square foot to hold up to 6 layers vertically. Depending on layup and type of material, more adhesive may be needed.
- When using Infusion Mesh more 3M Adhesive 71 may be needed to avoid edge curling.
- Higher temperatures reduce normal storage life. Lower temperatures may cause increased viscosity of a temporary nature.