Resin Infusion Connector
The Airtech Resin Infusion Connector (RIC) provides an economical and efficient through bag connection for resin feed lines in low temperature resin infusion applications. The arch design of the connector fits over the Spiral Tubing to provide easy, precise resin control. Resin is then delivered through the connector with the use of the Poly Tubing.
- RIC 12 works with 1/2 inch (13mm) poly tubing and spiral tubing
- RIC 58 works with 5/8 inch (16mm) poly tubing and spiral tubing
- RIC 34 works with 3/4 inch (16mm) poly tubing and spiral tubing
- Resin Infusion Processes
- Closed Mold Infusion (RTM)
- Composite Manufacturing
Please note: All data to be used as a guide only; not a specification.
- Fit connector over spiral tubing at desired position, then complete vacuum bag
- Cut Poly Tube at an angle and apply sealant tape around the tubing, just above the cut
- Smooth bag film over connector
- Pierce bag film with angled tube, pressing firmly until sealant tape creates a solid bond
When a stock material doesn’t meet your requirements, we can utilize our supplier relationships to acquire materials that best fit your needs.
- Arch Design, Low Temp Connector: 1/2", 3/4"
- Flat base, Low Temp Connectors: 1/2", 5/8”, 3/4"
- Flat base, High Temp Connectors: 1/2"