Milled Fiberglass is a finely ground E-Glass fiber that can be mixed various resin systems, body fillers, or casting materials to increase dimensional stability and impact strength while minimizing shrinkage and distortion.
It is commonly used with epoxy resin to fill voids because it’s very high strength and provides resistance to cracking.
- Increases mechanical properties
- Improves dimensional stability
- Minimizes distortion at elevated temps
- Structural filleting putty
- Bonding hardware
- Structural adhesive
- Keel bedding
Please note: All data to be used as a guide only; not a specification.
- Epoxy Resins
- Vinyl Ester Resins
- Polyester Resins
- Add fibers to resin 5% by weight.
- Add filler after adding catalyst to resin.
- Fillers can affect the pot life of a resin, create a small trial batch first to determine how much working time you’ll have.
- Combine fibers with Cab-O-Sil for a non-sagging structural adhesive.