Carbon Fiber Spread Tow Tape Sample Swatch
TeXtreme®'s Spread Tow Tape is a light-weight, high performance unidirectional tape manufactured with 12K carbon tow and a proprietary spreading technology that carefully spreads out the fiber into a thin, flat non-woven, unidirectional tape. The resulting tapes are avaiable in various weights and 20mm and 50mm widths. The fibers are stabilized with an epoxy compatible binder to hold the material together and to allow for easy cuts, trimming or slitting with clean edges and no fraying. The weight of the fabric does not include the weight of the binder and should be considered when determining in the amount of epoxy needed for a laminate.
These tapes are ideal for use as a reinforcement, for wrapping applications and are the same tapes used to produce TeXtreme®'s Spread Tow woven fabrics.
The advantage of TeXtreme®'s ultra-light Spread Tow Tape achieved with their spreading tow technology is the ability to apply just the right amount of reinforcement needed to achieve the best performing and lightest part possible.
- Achieve thinner laminates
- Reduce weight by 20% or more
- Desirable appearance
- Smooth and low porous surface finish
- Easy to handle, cut and place
- Formula One & NASCAR Sprint Cup Racing
- Cryonic tanks, aircraft interior components or UAVs
- Hockey sticks and golf shafts
- Thin ply carbon diaphragms
- For the best cosmetics, the side without the binder should be placed onto the mold surface.
- The fabric is shipped with a plastic liner on one side to prevent the binder from sticking to the layer beneath it. The binder will start to soften at 65° F for improved processing at room temp.