Chopped Fiberglass is a short, thin, rectangular flake type fiber cut from unidirectional fiberglass and is commonly combined with resin to create a mixture which delivers industry-leading, high strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios.
When combined with resin, the longer glass fibers increase compressive properties and add strength and stiffness to bonds, reinforce parts and fills gaps and cavities. Chopped Fiberglass can be used to reinforce thermoset bulk molding compounds to produce compression or injection molded parts. The Chopped Fiberglass offers good color characteristics for color pigmentation or color matching to specification. Additionally, the chopped fiber mixture exhibits dimensional stability and strength, provides structural reinforcement and delivers excellent friction and wear resistance and low shrinkage.
- Increases hardness of resin
- Reduces shrinkage
- Improves dimensional stability and strength
- Provides structural reinforcement
- Efficient, cost-effective processing
- Good color characteristics permit pigmentation or color matching to specification
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Low thermoset resin demand contributes to minimum mixing time
- Superior strand integrity resists generation of fuzz or fines as the product passes through the feeding systems
- High compounding rates
- Sizing provides uniform dispersion during compounding operations
- Bulk Molding Compound
- Resins Filler
Please note: All data to be used as a guide only; not a specification.
- Epoxy Thermoset Resins
- Vinyl Ester Thermoset Resins
- Unsaturated Polyester Thermoset Resins
- Phenolic Thermoset Resins