2.36 oz. Carbon Fiber Spread Tow Tape Textreme® 5021
TeXtreme®'s 5018 Spread Tow Tape is a light-weight, high performance unidirectional tape manufactured with 12K carbon tow and a proprietary spreading technology that carefully spreads out the fiber into a thin, flat non-woven, unidirectional tape. The resulting tape has a fiber weight of 2.36 oz/yd2 and is 1.97” (50mm) wide. The fibers are stabilized with an epoxy compatible binder that is 0.15 oz/yd2 (5gsm) to hold the material together and to allow for easy cuts, trimming or slitting with clean edges and no fraying. The weight of the fabric does not include the weight of the binder and should be considered when determining in the amount of epoxy needed for a laminate.
These tapes are ideal for use as a reinforcement, for wrapping applications and are the same tapes used to produce TeXtreme®'s Spread Tow woven fabrics.
The advantage of TeXtreme®'s ultra-light Spread Tow Tape achieved with their spreading tow technology is the ability to apply just the right amount of reinforcement needed to achieve the best performing and lightest part possible.
- Achieve thinner laminates
- Reduce weight by 20% or more
- Desirable appearance
- Smooth and low porous surface finish
- Easy to handle, cut and place
- Formula One & NASCAR Sprint Cup Racing
- Cryonic tanks, aircraft interior components or UAVs
- Hockey sticks and golf shafts
- Thin ply carbon diaphragms
Please note: All data to be used as a guide only; not a specification.
- Epoxy Resin
- Polyester Resin
- Vinyl-ester Resin
- For the best cosmetics, the side without the binder should be placed onto the mold surface.
- The fabric is shipped with a plastic liner on one side to prevent the binder from sticking to the layer beneath it. The binder will start to soften at 65° F for improved processing at room temp.
Products sold as a clearance may be excess inventory that does not meet the stringent specifications of medical or aerospace applications, have blemishes and/or other imperfections as noted in the product descriptions. These items are sold "As Is", are nonrefundable and will not be backordered. If an ordered quantity cannot be fulfilled, we will ship available on hand quantities and automatically cancel any remaining balance.